The Hebrew Alphabet
By Pastor Christoper Choo
Study #35: LAMED
LAMED: THE GOAD OF DISCIPLESHIP: ( PART 7 )
THE 3 DOCTRINES OF DISCIPLESHIP
Using the acrostic G-O-S-P-E-L, we unpacked the great truths of God’s epic plan to rescue the world from sin and death. The GOSPEL is about:
- Embracement ( our desired response )
- Life-altering ( our daily lifestyle ).
Today we will delve into the three great doctrines that sums up who we are in Christ.
In Bible school, our teachers say that salvation has 3 aspects:
- Salvation from the PENALTY of sin ( the doctrine of justification )
- Salvation from the POWER of sin ( the doctrine of sanctification )
- Salvation from the PRESENCE of sin ( the doctrine of glorification ) i.e. in the life to come when we finally meet Christ face-to-face ( 1 John 3:2 ).
The gospel addresses our former lives ( our past ) and provides eternal life when we die ( future ) but is also about our “new” life now ( present ).
Heavenly Father, salvation has incredible implications for everyday life in the present! In the following lessons to come, help us understand the phenomenal changes brought on by “so great a salvation”(Hebrews 2:3 ).