The Hebrew Alphabet
By Pastor Christoper Choo
Study #6: ZAYIN
ZAYIN AS A WEAPON IN PRESERVING MARRIAGES
The pictorial of ZAYIN as a weapon is vividly seen in the context of marriage.
Satan is a destroyer of marriages or more specifically marital relationships. To be sure he has his arsenal of weapons too which are described by Paul as ” fiery darts” ( Ephesians 6:16 ).
Statistically, Christian marriages that end in divorce are those in which the partners fail to pray together or use the weapons of spiritual warfare at their disposal.
1. As Paul said in 2 Corinthians 10:4, “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds”.
2. And we are reminded by the teacher in Ecclesiastes 4: 12 that ” a three fold cord is not quickly broken”. For as in the natural, the best rope has three cords, so too in the spiritual if the two partners to a marriage add God in the equation, a marriage cannot be broken.
In short, God has not left us defenceless. A married couple has five powerful spiritual weapons at hand:
1. The Word of God ( Ephesians 6:17 ).
2. The Prayer of Agreement ( Matthew 18:19 ).
3. Praying in the Holy Spirit ( Ephesians 6: 18 )
4. The Freedom of Forgiveness ( Colossians 3:13; Matthew 6:14-15 )
5. The Whole Armour of God ( Ephesians 6: 11 – 17 ).
Father God, in any impending threat of a broken relationship, change me that I may be empowered to reverse the curses spoken against my relationship with You and with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Transform me by Your Holy Spirit to use the power of prayer to negate what Satan meant for evil into a positive good. Help me to forgive any wrongs done, thought or spoken against me and to speak words of life into troubled marriages so that marital partners will be blessed with the holy fear of You.